Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Fight of Your Life

I think it's funny that whenever you have a close encounter with God, when things are beginning to click, that satan tries his hardest to take that away from you. Just last night my bible study made what I percieved as some breakthroughs in the fight against sexual immorality and temptation. Something that, for me is a fight and for many other guys is a battle as well. Super cool that we made such big gains in sharing in our fights and yet, satan tries everything he c an to take that away from me. Last night was probably one of the worst nights of sleep that I have had in a long time, add that with a throbbing headache and you get an idea of how I was physically feeling. The cool thing is, that what satan tries to derail me with sickness and headaches, he can't. All throughout last night evey moment that I felt afflicted I prayed...and denounced the "authority" the satan thinks that he has over me. The truth is, only Jesus has authority over me. It was very cool to take that truth and apply it last night. God is awesome.

In other things, 4 days until my ring ceremony. One step closer to being a UBC forestry graduate!

No comments: