Monday, January 09, 2006

back to the grind

Homework already. I don't think that I am ready for this. Assignments already needing to be done for my research methods and philosphy of science course. Not that I mind the work, but it doesn't help when you don't understand the first reading that is required. It's something to do with mice and cubes, thing is I can't figure out whether the mice have a critical role in the whole experiment or if the inadiment cubes move...ahh, wecome back to the real life of school. Field school was too good to be true. How I wish that school was more like field school, hands on and interactive. I learned so much more in the four months than I did in the previous three years. Yes all of the information that I learned built up on for the course, but I still think that academics need to be more hands on.

I honestly think that people learn so, so much better by applying the material that they are learning rather than theoretically learning it. Perhaps this is why I love forestry so much, most of the things we learn are hands on. More importantly though, all of the learning that I have been doing can lead directly into a job. I'm so glad that I was never inclined to go into science or arts. I mean, you HAVE to get a master's degree to actually do something!

No comments: